Bullet time...

>> Thursday, June 3, 2010

  • I'm taking the NaBloPoMo challenge, which means I need to write something.
  • There's lots of ideas floating around in my mind. However, I seem to be lacking in the ability to put my thoughts into words. Hence, the trusty bullet post.
  • Friday is the last day of school. A half-day. Why do they bother with those?
  • I'm certainly ready for vacation as I'm tired of homework.
  • Do your kids bring home a lot of homework?
  • Mine do, it's mostly busy work and I kind of resent it. I'm sure the girls do too.
  • After spending all day in class (hopefully) working hard, I think the kids should be able to come home and relax and play.
  • I can't remember if I had a lot of homework. Doesn't seem like I had as much as K & B do. Maybe I just didn't do my homework.
  • Though I ended up in advanced classes, I really wasn't a scholarly kid. My grades reflected that...my poor parents.
  • However, in college I redeemed myself and graduated with highest honors, so close to a 4.0, I had 3.97.
  • Not sure what we will fill our days with this summer. My dad (Papa) is a go, go, go type of guy so he's been busy planning activities for the girls. He also takes them on a real vacation each summer, not sure what this summer's destination is yet. Mr. H is also planning a little family get-away and maybe another one when the girls are gone. But there are still many open days.
  • I'd love to go camping but it's just too hot, humid and buggy during the summer.
  • I believe that residence in Florida should require all homes to have in ground swimming pools. We don't have one.
  • After much deliberation I ordered a frame pool today, a step up from the easy set ring pool we had in the past. It's a pretty good size, and so were the shipping charges. Yikes! But there's no doubt it will be money well spent.
  • I'd like to get a trampoline as well. But Mr. H and Papa are not on board, they fear broken body parts. Not from falling off, but from landing wrong. So although Miss B has reminded me that I'm an adult and I can get one if I want to, I've chosen to wait til everyone's in agreement.
  • If you have any pro-trampoline arguments, feel free to leave them in the comments.
  • Truth is, trampolines are a sore subject with me. As a kid I was promised to inherit my aunt's trampoline. Then my parents moved to Florida away from the trampoline in Ohio. So my uncle's nieces and nephew inherited it.
  • Yeah, I'm still a bit tinged.
  • And boats. Another sore subject. In Ohio we had a ski boat which we loved. It didn't make the trip to Florida. Where there is water everywhere. OK it wasn't exactly ocean appropriate but our fairly small county has 113(!) lakes. That doesn't include Lake Okeechobee which is not far away at all.
  • Maybe I'll put a boat on my birthday list. I'll probably end up with a canoe!
  • Or I could set up a boat fund donation page. Tacky I know. But remember Save Karyn?

6 comments:

Kate June 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

I don't know what NaNoBloMo is, but I am assuming it's a spinoff of NaNoWriMo? I did that last year and honestly, it was an AMAZING feeling to successfully complete the journey! I hope you enjoy your NaNoBloMo experience ~ you'll do great!!! :)

Would you let us, your readers, know if you like the framed pool? My family would like to get one next spring and I'd love to read feedback on them before we invest the money.

Oh, and I really like bullet point posts! It's easier to read than traditional stream-of-consciousness writing. :)

Stacy June 4, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

I think inground pools should be required, too. Florida without a pool - yikes!

From what we've heard, our school district is almost homework-free until 4th grade so I can't complain. My son had weekly spelling words and a reading log and that was it for 2nd grade. Much better than what I've heard from others!

Stacy

Anonymous,  June 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

for summer vication im goin to do marshel arts im doin it in case if someone trise to merder me ill proteck myself its starding on monday is what papa said soo... <3
u mama!! :)

Melissa :) June 10, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

I am very tee'd at the amount of homework my children bring. Every.single.day. Every once in a while should be acceptable. It makes me so sad how they have to continue working after an 8 hour day.

I ♥ camping too, but it's way too hot already in Texas.

We have a trampoline, with a safety pad & safety net. I always supervise, so I'm not too concerned. They are excellent exercise!

Hope you get your boat. LOL ;o)

Lysana June 14, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

Okay. What is NaBloPoMo? I know what it is, in theory - I am thinking it means you'll post on some sort of regular basis, either daily or weekly or something? But what does it stand for? I've wondered that for a LONG time!

Second, the real reason I came here (for some reason, your post didn't show up in my dashboard) - thank you for sharing your birth stories with me! Awesome! I am amazed that you delivered naturally with pitocin. Honestly, THAT idea terrifies me. Nothing else does, and I intend to avoid it if at all possible.

OH, and about the nurses leaving you after you TOLD them your contrax don't register and you have fast labors. Way (for them) to treat the monitor rather than the patient. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad that you were able to get out of L&D quickly afterwards!

What method(s) did you use for coping? I'm researching that, now. I've been reading a book on Bradley, and a lot of it makes sense and I think will help, but I don't think lying in bed through the entire first stage is going to be "for me." Especially since I can't even get, comfortably, into their "perfect position!" So I need to have more ideas in hand so I can find the one that works best for me.

Thanks again for sharing your stories! Your girls are beautiful, and I know they bring you a lot of joy.

Heather June 19, 2010 at 2:22 AM  

NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month, it's just something to encourage daily blogging for an entire month. They sometimes offer writing prompts. And prizes! I've done it successfully once, not so good this time around.

I'll be sure to post about the pool once it arrives (6/16-6/28) and gets broken in. Hopefully not just broken LOL. We're looking forward to it. It has been HOT and humid, seems a bit excessive.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP