yes i did friday!

>> Friday, November 6, 2009

it's friday and time for "yes i did"! i may share good things i've done this past week, or not so good things. but just know that i've never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed. to join in or read others "yes i did" posts check out jeanette's blog!



yes i did call to reschedule a meeting with bethany's teacher because i was feeling badly...i had a cold.

yes i did attend the meeting two days later. (i'm not that much of a slacker!)

yes i did do a little dance of happiness and cheer when i realized that wednesday was not an early release day from school as it should have been, because of the upcoming holidays.

yes i did a major, never done before, accomplishment...i have not eaten one piece of the girl's halloween candy loot. not a one!

yes i did use that as an excuse to extend my rule of only eating brach's candy corn and creme pumpkins during the month of october. i also did go to the store and forage through the left over, marked down halloween candy in search of the beloved brach's.

yes i did get myself a pack of pretty colored markers and a drawing pad just in case i feel the urge to doodle. i have no intentions of sharing them.

yes i did manage a week's worth of meals never once using the stove or oven.

yes i did receive my copy of the pioneer woman's cookbook. i expect that the stove and oven will really come to appreciate the break that i've given them.

yes i did start my christmas shopping.

yes i did get a few things from the christmas list at an inflated price from amazon sellers because i knew they are hard to find items. i justified the over priced purchases by not only comparing prices among the sellers, but also factoring in the time and cost of gas, as well as the stress that making many trips to wal-mart (yuck) would have given me.

8 comments:

Anonymous,  November 6, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

Wow on not eating any Halloween candy! Can't say that for myself, hehe!

justjaime31 November 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

I also do happy dances when the kids are going to be gone longer then planned *blushes* lol

Dawn November 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Wow...Christmas shopping already? I don't think I've ever started before Thanksgiving. I'm not sure why.

As for your markers...good for you. I have my own big box of crayons and a coloring book that I do not share. What can I say? I still love to color. And I passed that along to my older girls (who are both moms).

Heather November 6, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

it is odd that i haven't had any candy. i'm a chocolate lover. but i have to be honest...i have eaten my body weight worth of those darn brach's corn and pumpkins.

and christmas shopping? so far just for the kids, they are easy. it's the adults that are hard. the problem with kid toys is that it is super hard to find some things. then if it's a must have you end up paying an arm and leg trying to get a silly toy.

i live in a small town that doesn't have a lot of good stores, i do most of my shopping online. there are almost always deals to be found and promotional codes from free gifts to free shipping to a percent off your entire purchase. always google for online codes before you buy your stuff!

Jeanette November 6, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

I just fought a cold myself, sorry you were sick!

Thanks for joining in again this week!

Shana November 7, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

I found a huge bag of brach's for a dollar! I have almost eaten the entire bag! I did the whole week's worth of dinner with just the microwave & I think I used the oven once...pure bliss, ha!

amy November 7, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Wow all ready? tell me one thing you got for the girls.

Heather November 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

amy i was going to come to your blog to tell you about the christmas presents. but for some reason i click on your link and it just goes to yahoo's home page.

they both read here, so i can't spill the beans!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP