blog awards ceremony!

>> Tuesday, November 3, 2009

i am thrilled to let you all know that i have won some bloggy awards! really this is so exciting to me-i get tickled when i receive comments and know that people are actually reading. so awards? wow-totally awesome!

and it gets even better...i get to nominate you all and pass the awards forward! and i encourage everyone to check out each other's blogs-just click on their names and there you'll be.

the first award i won was from meghan at the daily drama "the splash award". thank you so much!







The Splash Award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs.

When you receive this award you must:

1. Put the logo on your blog/post.

2. Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.

3. Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.

4. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash Award.


here are my nominees for "the splash award":


1. extremely blessed


2. nielsons*love*family


3. parish party of 5


4. pieces of me


5. pinkebody


6. sellabit mum


7. the huntley home


8. tattered tulips


9. the lee's~chapter 16




the next award i won was from lisa at welcome to the nuthouse "the honest scrap award". thank you lisa for this award!




The Honest Scrap award given to others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.

This award comes with some rules as well:

1. Must thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.

2. Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.

3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.

4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.


let's see if i can come up with 10 honest things about myself that i haven't shared already...my honest scrap:

1. i have a major sweet tooth. i must have something sweet every single day. there have been days that i've only eaten "junk".

2. i am a terrible judge of character.

3. but, i often think or say things that end up happening almost as soon as i've thought or said them. (if only i knew which things were going to be "those" things).

4. i didn't attend my senior prom and i'm glad. my boyfriend and i did attend the all night parties. we arrived home the next morning to horrible news, my boyfriend's sister had been killed in a car accident that night. since we didn't attend the prom, there are no pictures to remind me of that horrible time.

5. because of that accident, i promised their father that i would always wear a seatbelt. and i have! (one morning many years ago i almost didn't wear my seatbelt. it was cold and i was wearing a big jacket. the seatbelt was uncomfy, but i remembered my promise and snapped it in. sure enough i was in a bad car accident not even five minutes later. i was ok, and i'm sure it's because i had my seatbelt on).

6. chemotherapy has caused something called "chemo brain". it makes me do very silly things. if you can't find something, it's likely because i've put it in the fridge. and it's taken a toll on my typing abilities. if i don't proof read, and i mean really proof read, you would think i was drunk when i type. my husband has emails from me that he says are completely illegible.

7. i used to be on time always, and usually early. it would drive me nuts if i was running late. that was my old life. since cancer i am usually running late and surprisingly it doesn't bother me.

8. i don't like fish or seafood of any kind. it all tastes "fishy" to me.

9. i have never ordered a steak. ever. i will eat my dad's steak, but that's it.

10. i'm horribly addicted to diet coke. i say horribly because i know it is likely bad for me. i can't imagine giving it up. with the rare exception of juice or lemonade, i only drink diet coke.


my nominees for "the honest scrap" award are:























wow! this was a lot of fun, but also so hard to do...my blog list is full of awesome blogs! don't forget to check out all of these great blogs!

and thanks again to meghan and lisa for nominating me for these awards!!!








6 comments:

Dawn November 3, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

Congrats on your bloggy awards!

notjustanylisa November 3, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

WOW, Heather, I feels so blessed to have been mentioned in your blog! :)

Anonymous,  November 3, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

I see. That is awsome!!
I think you are the best mama ever!!!
I love you so MUCH!!!
Daddy is so very nice!!!!!!!!!!
even if he is a pooppoophead!!!!

Lindsay November 3, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Congrats! I have chemo brain, too. There are whole sections of my life I can't remember. It's so frustrating.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP