blossoming kelley

>> Friday, October 23, 2009

being a 5th grader is definitely agreeing with kelley. my quiet little lamb is blossoming more and more with each day!

the first quarter of the year has not even ended and so far here are a few of kelley's accomplishments...

  • she auditioned for chorus in public and was selected.

  • she also auditioned for hand bells, the xylophone, and all things percussion and was selected.

  • today she was selected to be the class representative for "eaglevision" the in-school daily television news program for the second quarter.

report cards are not out yet, but her progress report was excellent!

we are so very proud of kelley! and even better, she is proud of herself!

now that she's going to be a bit of a school t.v. celebrity, i think she might need a day of pampering. i'm thinking a new haircut and a manicure!

i need to share a family secret now, it's about the hand bells and all things percussion, and why i am especially excited about this! when my mom was in band she had to play the trumpet but she really wanted to play the clarinet. when it was my time for band i really wanted to play the drums. mom made me play the clarinet. it's kind of an on-going joke that my child would be a drummer no matter what. i was never in the marching band as the clarinet was just not my passion. but any time i hear a drum line i get the chills. and we are now on the way to kelley becoming a drummer!

***here is where i would add a recent picture of my sweet blossom. unfortunately the new kelley isn't so cooperative with pictures. trying to get a smiley picture? well that might have to be the next accomplishment we work on***



3 comments:

Stephie October 24, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

YAY for Kelley! I've always wanted to play the drums too! I had to suffer through 6 years of piano instead. LOL

won October 24, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

You must be very, very proud and I couldn't be happier for you and Kelley.

It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Lysana October 26, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

I was in high school band and while I played trumpet and french horn at various times, I was always fascinated by the sideline stuff, especially bells/marimba. Awesome. They are such a beautiful instrument and can have such a cool effect in marching band. Awesome that she is playing it! Congrats to Kelley! :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP