Gonna Try it Again and The Ambitions of Me.

>> Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I feel like my blogging mojo hasn't been quite up to par. Not sure why. One thing that is for sure is that I have been L-A-Z-Y with uploading pictures. Could be that pictures often give me topics for blogging. So anyway, I thought I'd put a little pressure on myself and participate in NaBloPoMo again. Amazingly, I kept up with it the first time. Not so sure how I'll do for June.

They were nice enough to give me a writing prompt for the day...

"When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?"

Um, well, hmmm. Not remembering any definite occupations that I wanted to pursue like being a teacher or a nurse-which my parents were. In fact, I definitely didn't want to be a nurse. Funny how that works, since I became a nurse.

The first thing that I can definitely remember wanting to be was a sister. Not as in a nun, but as in a sibling. Yep, I'm an only child. I wanted a brother or sister so badly. For years I was hoping for one. Finally by the time I hit my teens I figured out that wasn't going to happen. Eventually that desire turned into the more likely idea of being a mommy. But being a mommy seemed like an impossible wish as well. Guess I didn't have a lot of confidence in my ability to adequately care for another human being. Worried that I would never have everything in perfect order so that I could have a baby. Then I just decided to throw caution to the wind and had a couple of babies. Poor kids! Just kidding, our household is far from perfect but it's not all bad either.

Seems like at one point I wanted to be a singer. I can't sing-at.all. So I'm not sure where that came from. Maybe just my love of music?

When I was a little older I did want to be an author. I loved to write, still do. Now that I'm no longer working as a nurse, I tell myself that I really ought to start writing. But, I just don't think I have a novel in me. I love to read and always marvel at the characters and plots, how they all twist and turn and how it all sort of ends up intermingling and comes together. And while I may think I know it all, I really don't, so that sort of wipes out the idea of a non-fiction book.

So there you have it, the ambitions of what I wanted to "be". All in all though, I'm just "me".

Anyone else wanting to take on the June NaBloPoMo challenge with me?

1 comments:

Stacy June 2, 2010 at 12:39 AM  

I did May and it was exhausting. I am too afraid to commit to June!
Stacy

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP