and now an important message...

>> Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chocolate Melts-A Cautionary Tale

I've been having a big time craving for Caramello bars for quite awhile now. At the store the regular size bars cost $1.09, is that not obscene or what?! For only four tiny squares of Cadbury chocolate goodness filled with drippy, sticky, yummy caramel.

In order to save money, I had the bright idea to order a box of Caramello bars from Amazon. Isn't that genius? Saving money and trips to the store. A win/win! I bought a box a few months ago when it was still winter in most places. And recently placed an order where it's more like summer in some places.

My box arrived and was brought right in. I figured they may have gotten a little warm and that I better check to see if they needed to go into the fridge. I opened the box and every single one of my precious Caramello bars were melted. Not a little melted. They were liquified! I put them in the fridge and now they aren't liquid, but for a Caramello connoisseur-they are ruined.

I'm not sure if I should try to complain and return them? Was it my fault for ordering such a thing in May? It is poor judgement. But, why would anyone sell them at this time of year? Without some sort of climate controlled packaging? That's poor judgement, too. Really I'm not one to make a fuss, so they will probably go into the trash and I'll be out a few bucks.

So, in order to turn this into a good thing, I've decided to make it a lesson to all of you on the interwebs...let's just all say no to purchasing chocolate that needs to be shipped unless it is winter.

4 comments:

Lysana May 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

I'm surprised they would ship them at this time of year, too! Most places I've seen that ship chocolate won't ship farther south than "X" state after "Y" month. So I am surprised.

Sorry your Caramellos were melted! :( Boo! But yum. I may have to get me one of those now.

Or a Twix. I'm a sucker for Twix, plus I'm pregnant, so now it's even harder to resist once the idea has caught me. AND our vending machine has Twix. Mmmmmm. Twix.

Team Carter Jay May 13, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

Now that story is just plain tragic! I think I would complain. Nobody should treat precious Caramello that way!

Lysana May 19, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

Thanks for your comment! :) I think if my Birdie knew it embarrassed me, she would DEFINITELY do it on purpose. Haha! But overall, I am loving this time. They are a lot of work, and sometimes I really *don't* feel like dealing with them, but they can just be so cute and sweet - so I try to enjoy the good times as much as I can. I know they won't be this way forever, and it makes me sad!

And thank you for your nice words about my blog posts! :) I have been going right to bed most evenings once the kids are in bed, lately, and don't usually blog while I'm at work. I'm planning a few more posts soon, though. If I can stay awake long enough to write them! :)

Sherry May 24, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

You are funny!! I'm a chocoholic myself and I've ordered chocolate through the mail once. It came in packaging with ice packs, which I still have to this day. I'm surprised they didn't pack it that way. Hum!?! Anywho thanks for sharing. Cute post and cute site!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP