Could you make me a recipe please?

>> Friday, March 12, 2010

The recipe I'm looking for should be fairly simple, hopefully, as I'm still in the beginning stages of becoming a real live cook. I need a salad dressing!

Here is what would be on the salad in need of a dressing...

Baby Spinach Leaves
Tomatoes
(Perhaps onion, though probably not-Mr. H is afraid of onions)
Chopped hard-boiled eggs
Chopped up crispy bacon
Shredded cheese of some sort
(Perhaps mushrooms, though probably not-Mr. H and I are afraid of mushrooms)

I think that's it. Well unless you can think of something yummy to add to it. (FYI we tried gorgonzola cheese once and it was not a good thing).

What is missing is the dressing. The creator of the dressing is someone I'm no longer in touch with. The original dressing was home made with oils though a little thicker, possibly with some sort of light mustard. It was sweet and tangy. And very tasty. The dressing doesn't have to have mustard though.

Any ideas? Thanks!

P.S. Kelley and Bethany are not big on veggies but they love salad. As we all know iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value to speak of. Baby spinach leaves? Well I hope they are chock full of nutrients because the girls love them! How about your kiddos?

2 comments:

Jonna March 13, 2010 at 2:23 AM  

My kids love the baby spinach! They eat it straight out of the bag. As for a dressing, you got me! Try seaching for sweet and tangy dressing on a few cooking sites, I like Rachel Rays site and allrecipes.com. I have gotten some great stuff at both! Good luck on finding one you like!!

Anonymous,  March 14, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

At the link below there is a recipe for a Sesame Dressing for Spinach Salad that is supposed to be like one that was served at Hudson's in their cafe. (it's Macy's now and our local store still serves the salad but I don't know if all do).

Anyway, I haven't tested the recipe but it sounds about right. - Sylv

http://www.askyourneighbor.com/recipes/037.htm

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP