>> Sunday, February 14, 2010
i saw this on the gizmola's blog and thought it looked like fun. and just in time for my update coming soon on my first month of "65 in 365", which i'm afraid is going to be more nay's than yay's. so here's a list of things that i've done. i hope y'all will do this too. be sure to let me know in the comments so i can check your list. just copy and paste, then bold the things you've done! fun stuff!
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland (but only if disney world counts)
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (no, but i have seen it in person)
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been inside an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life (well, participated in CPR that did bring the person back to life when the paramedics arrived. however, she didn't ultimately survive. and have gotten patients out of a nursing home and into the ambulance in time.)
90. Sat on a jury (did get called for jury duty, never had a chance to be picked, thankfully. a scary responsibility if you ask me.)
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
some random things i have done that are notable and not on the list...
1. have been at the bedside during the death of patients. some passed peacefully. some were failed efforts of CPR. all have greatly impacted me.
2. got married wearing "boyfriend jeans", actually my fiance or new husband's jeans.
3. had and beat a blood cancer, had a surgery of the heart lining in the process.
4. since i was little i have rescued atleast 25 cats/kittens, kept some, found homes for most, looking for homes for the last two of the most recent litter.
5. have seen a space shuttle launch from my yard and heard several "sonic booms" from the landings. they're scary if you don't know what it is, they shake the house!
6. been directly affected by hurricanes andrew, charley, frances, jeanne and wilma.
7. visited the historical home of a very distant relative, mark twain (samuel clemens), in connecticut.
8. visited lake mead and hoover dam, went to the bottom of the dam.
9. went parasailing.
10. saw a giant sea turtle laying eggs at the beach at night.
and what i have really missed out on...
more traveling, both in the US and in many other countries. i've not visited any country that is not in north america, unless you count the bahamas.