big move forward and omgosh...tv!

>> Sunday, January 24, 2010


for christmas mr. h and i decided that instead of exchanging gifts with each other, we would get a "family gift". today we got our gift...satellite tv and a dvr. in 2010 we have made the big move forward with technology.

mammie and papa have had their satellite tv and dvr set up for years. papa even has a big screen tv. i think they have an actual answering machine for their phone. so it says a lot that they are so far ahead of us with tv technology.

i glanced at the list of the channels. holey crow! i'm wondering how on earth i'm going to fit watching all of that tv into my days? and i am so far behind. i actually stopped watching tv regularly in april 2007. it wasn't an intentional thing. that was when i got sick and life went crazy. for a long time i couldn't concentrate on tv shows or movies. one of the side effects of chemotherapy. thankfully there are dvd's with seasons of shows on them because i have a lot of catching up to do.

but now! there is a whole smorgasbord of new shows for me to watch. i've never watched the bachelor before, or the biggest loser, real housewives of this place and that, project runway, all those HGTV shows. or glee, dexter, csi, etc. the list goes on and on and on! i don't know where to start...the only reason i can even name the shows is from hearing about what everyone else watches. how am i going to decide what to watch? how will i manage to watch it all? i may never leave the couch again!

then there is the dvr contraption. i've heard about them, they are a recording device of some sort. and you don't have to watch commercials? really? even mr. h is left wondering about this. high definition, i don't have a clue what that means. other than i think we need a new tv. one of those flat things. i bought my tv back in 1997, it's a big box and i thought it was uber cool back then. now i guess it's something i should only use with a VCR and to play atari.

wow. i never realized how dated we are. essentially archaic.

ok, so help a girl out...where do i start? are there any shows that i can just pick up on now without watching seasons upon seasons to get caught up first? what shows should i watch seasons and seasons of? (i do have desperate housewives and sex and the city already to catch up on) is there anything must-see starting new soon? i need the scoop!

3 comments:

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed January 24, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

Girl! I don't watch much tv either which is why I couldn't get along without my DVR - you will love it! I record lots of shows and then watch them around midnight, which is when my 'free' (ha!) time usually hits me.

The HDTV is totally overrated IMO. My dh wants to smack me when I say that, but for real, I see very little difference.

Enjoy your new toys!

Shana January 24, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

I love my DVR *so much!! I can't imagine life without it, ha! To be able to rewind or pause the tv when the kids come stomping through the room is lovely! You will never miss the weather again =0)

Muliebrity January 25, 2010 at 1:21 AM  

LOST! You must watch all seasons ASAP, as the series finale starts 2/2/2010! It is the only show hubby and I watch together.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP