i have got to stop slacking...(and whoa do i foresee trouble)

>> Saturday, December 12, 2009

seriously. i mean i am a total slacker about lots of things-and i'm ok with that. one thing i've been pretty good at though is capturing moments with the camera. yep, i usually take pictures aplenty. i don't make those cute scrapbooks, that would be way too much work. thanks to mammie, kelley and bethany do have their own photo albums. though with the digital age i'm lucky to get prints made. in fact the summer i was sick i actually caught up with five years of pictures into each album. lately though i just plain suck. even when i manage to take pictures i haven't blogged them, uploaded to facebook, nothing. if i don't change my ways, the next current pictures you all see may be when the girls are teenagers. (oh holey crow, one day we're going to have two teenage daughters...at the same time!)

so really i need to get busy. for example i mentioned my complete lack of recording kelley's concert last night. and there was no excuse! i even have one of those flip video camera thingies. well i haven't opened it and figured it out yet. see? slacker.

what has me thinking of this now though is bethany. i can't tell you how many times i gaze at that child and try to figure out how i helped create her! forgive me for this, but you all will understand...cause aren't all of our children just gorgeous? yes they are. bethany. wow. long naturally curly hair, big blue eyes and teeny tiny. not a freckle on her face. really i'm thinking mr. heather gets A LOT of credit here. and she has this style about her. when i was her age, picture chubby, freckles, ugly dresses from kmart (sorry mammie and papa), and likely a kinky poodle curl perm. not to leave kelley out, because she is way too pretty for me to not be wowed when i get to claim helping create her as well. each day they are growing more and more into these cute little sassy girls. and i'm so *proud* to be their mommy.

so bethany today... gosh i wished i had snapped a picture of her before she left today with her papa. a cute little skort outfit which she was all legs in. a snow cap (yes in florida) perched perfectly on her head of curls. pink clogs. i'm just giggling now thinking about how darn cute she looked! and kicking myself for being such a slacker. fortunately she puts together these cute little outfits all the time so i will take some pictures someday soon. and of kelley, too. kelley's style is a bit more sophisticated and she's got a cute new haircut.

and back to that teenager thing? mr. heather and i are going to be in so much trouble!

5 comments:

Mary December 12, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

Heather, Just to encourage you, I have to let you know that when our kids were little....early 60's, and when they were in grade school, all I had was a little kodak and I couldn't afford much film and developing..... also we couldn't afford a movie cam, so needless to say I don't have very many pictures of my kids thru their younger years in school activities, etc. I really regret it. I urge you to "shoot" while you can because you can... Good luck and capture those moments....they are so precious and they change so fast. love tarzan

Shana December 13, 2009 at 2:25 AM  

You are allowed to continue being a slacker on everything except taking pics!! Woman what am I gonna do with you?? If it helps...you totally made me use my imagination & I could picture the description you gave, ha!

Anonymous,  December 13, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

Love your new blog design!

Dawn December 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

I would be lying if I told you not to worry about 2 teenage girls at the same time. My 2 oldest girls are 25 & 27...16 months apart.

They are the best of friends now, but watch out for the "tween" years. They are the worst.

I remember the age before digital cameras when you would have a whole drawer full of undeveloped film...well you get it developed and you see pictures that are 10 years old. Now that's slacking.

stephanie h December 15, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

I agree, you do have two beautiful girlies!

I am a bit of a slacker when it comes to that as well. I am trying to be better about it though! Good intentions, right? : )

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP