President Obama's Speech...

>> Monday, September 7, 2009

for anyone who is wanting to check it out...here's the link:

President Obama's Speech

definitely let me know what you think about it. i'm interested in ALL points of view!

updated...

i've read the speech. and it does appear to be exactly as i had thought. a message of encouragement to our children. a message to work hard and do the best that you can. a message that speaks the truth-success requires hardwork and diligence. and lastly a message that let's our children know that not only us as parents think our children are an important part of our future but the President does also.

all in all, i think this has been much ado about nothing...

of course the younger children will not likely be able to focus on the entire speech. my thought is that if atleast one child is reached, and encouraged to be all they can be, then the goal of this address to the country's children will be a success!

3 comments:

Geo September 8, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

Great post. I cannot believe the hulabaloo about the President of the US speaking to our children about the importance of education. I live in the midwest, a state that barely went Democratic for the first time in 40 years and I'm amazed at the baloney people were so willing to believe about his speech. I remember President Reagan's speech touting his tax cuts. Now that was political.

Sylv September 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

I loved the speech. You know my kids listened to President Reagan even though my husband and I disagreed with almost all his policies. It would never have occurred to us to try to ban a presidential address whether to school children or anybody else.

Sylv September 8, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

I loved the speech and I just don't understand all the ruckus. My kids listened to President Reagan even though my husband and I were against almost all his policies. It would have never occurred to us to call for banning a speech by any president.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP