Stream of Rambles...

>> Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bloggers have been doing a lot of "Stream of Consciousness" posts lately. My thoughts are really disorganized these last few days so I'm going with the "Stream of Rambles" type of post. I imagine there won't be any pearls of wisdom here and it might even cause you to get kind of sleepy. If you aren't able to take a nap as soon as you're done reading, you might want to skip this one.

You may have noticed that I've been quiet for a little while. I managed to lose access to my blog! Kind of like locking yourself out of the house, but not really. I changed my template and then could not access any of my pages or dashboard. There were no links or ways to get to my profile. Somehow I found an "open window" that I could crawl through and so I did just that. Hopefully I'll remember which way I did that, cause I do like the new template. It's still not my goal of a personalized custom template, but it's cute.

Speaking of goals, I didn't share a March update on my 65 in 365. Don't worry, you didn't miss anything. I'm fairly certain that I accomplished nothing on the list. And that is down right shameful! Hopefully there will be something to share before April is over.

Can you believe we're already half-way through April, or is it just me? I checked the calendar today and my gosh, where did the time go? Nobody's asked me where I've been lately, so I guess I wasn't abducted by aliens. But really...did the world somehow skip a week or two?

This has been a downright awful week, really the kind that it can only get better. Which is a relief I guess. Kelley and Bethany have both been home sick all week. Kelley had a cough last week, but it wasn't until Sunday that she clearly was sick. And by "clearly sick" it was one of those nights that includes vomiting. Not to get stuck on the subject because it's gross, but as parents do you find that vomiting always seems to commence at night, when everyone is in bed? That is always how it happens here. Bethany had a bit of a fever, so I knew she was headed for sickness as well. Monday was spent at the Pedi's office, which with waiting times is always an hours long, miserable event. Bethany had an ear infection and allergies. They suspected Kelley had strep or the flu, so they sent us for stat rapid tests. I bravely asked if they were testing for seasonal flu and swine flu, which the answer was yes. Big mommy mistake right there. Kelley heard *swine flu* and went into a panic. Turns out she had none of the above, which was a relief. But still had something, just not sure what. We came home armed with five filled prescriptions and I've been taking care of my sick babies all week-just wishing I could take the icky stuff from them. Though neither has much of an appetite, things are looking better and fevers are gone. Today they had such a case of cabin fever that I broke the "too sick for school" rule and let them out to get some fresh air and play for a bit.
So it's back to school tomorrow. They are ready! And would it be really bad if I said I was ready too?!

My missing tooth spot has healed. And I do feel much better. Though I feel uneven. I have this weird OCD thing with my body, things are supposed to be symmetrical and my mouth is not. That's been annoying. Also I've been a teeth freak my whole life so I was definitely sure that I needed to get a replacement tooth. Now I'm having trouble justifying spending $3-4,000 on it. That is crazy! Hundreds maybe, but thousands? If it was a front tooth then I'd have no qualms. But this is the next to last tooth in the back. What would you do? That's a lot of money.

As for money, Mr. H has once again decided to look at houses. He found one that is really great. It's a new construction, much bigger than ours, in a quiet, secluded location and is on the water. The price is good. But with us, nothing can ever be easy. It's not finished. So, that means more money. However if we can offer a bit lower, even with the costs to finish the home, it's still a pretty sweet deal. We're kind of excited about it and nervous at the same time.

Well, I think that about wraps up my rambles for now. Hopefully, I'll be getting back in the blogging groove, that is if I can find a way back into my blog.

2 comments:

carebear April 15, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

Thanks! We are pretty happy too. :)
I don't understand the whole vomit only after midnight rule that kids have. I know back in February there were three of us sick with the same stomach bug. Matthew had to go up for IV fluids to keep his kidney happy, while myself and the 4 year old camped out in separate bathrooms. It was awful!
Hope all are feeling well now!

Carma Sez April 16, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

good luck with your house decision and hope your week gets better...

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP