please excuse this snarky moment...

>> Saturday, December 26, 2009

i hope everyone had a wonderful christmas! we really did. in the midst of exhaustion my mom and i sat and thought about it and agreed that this seemed like one of the best christmas celebrations we've had. i do love the season and look forward to it all year long. i have to confess though that when it's done, i'm done. i like to get the house back to normal and everything put away quickly. we were light on decorations this year so that's good. but as i look at the loot we've all acquired...that is going to be a challenge. my camera is lost among said loot, hopefully it'll turn up soon and i can share pictures of our day. and i can't wait to see all of your pictures!

ok so for the snark. and if this applies to any of you, well, i'm sorry. *sort of* but really i hope that instead it will change your way of thinking. =)

now i don't mind if anyone decides to have santa as part of their christmas traditions or not, that is totally an individual choice. in fact i do enjoy learning about everyone's different traditions. there is just one little thing that really annoys me and i've got to let it out.

some people worry about santa "getting credit" for giving gifts, especially the big gifts. what?! say again?! this is about the silliest thing i've heard. and as petty as *i* think it is, i've heard/read about a handful of people who actually worry about this. seriously.

now i love to give gifts, love it! probably a little too much. it's never occurred to me that santa is raining on my parade. when i give gifts i'm only thinking about how happy (hopefully) the recipient is going to be. and if santa is giving great gifts too, that is awesome. in the end doesn't it all work itself out? isn't the effort going to be realized? i totally think it will.

i do apologize for this snarky moment. if it had come up once i'd just said to myself "how silly" and moved on. but as i've mentioned, it's come up quite a few times. as if we don't have enough truly troubling things in life to worry about? and where is the christmas spirit?

not only do i believe in santa, but i get caught up in his magic too. santa always brings us the best gifts!

7 comments:

Stacy December 26, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Merry Christmas!

At my house, Santa gives the best gifts :) It wouldn't seem right to have that stuff come from me! I'm all about giving Santa credit ;)

Christi N December 27, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

I totally agree! How stupid!

Erin December 27, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

I so agree! The spirit of Santa is so much more important then getting 'credit'. I hope you had a great christmas!

Anonymous,  December 27, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Great post! My older kids know their is no Santa and the gifts come from me, and I know when Emily gets older, she will too.

pinkebody December 27, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

I'm not one to worry about getting credit. The thought has not even crossed my mind to be honest. The only thing I worry about is seeing those sweet little faces light up :)

The only person that should be giving Santa any credit is the hubby, because Santa was VERY frugal this year ;)

Shana December 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

I agree, that is pretty silly. They will know soon enough that it all came from you. Why not enjoy the magic while you can.

Tina December 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Heather:

Great post...I agree.

Christmas is about the magic...the magic of make believe and the innocent children. I also feel like people get so hung up onWHAT they receive....HELLO....it is about the giving and if you don't like it, that means you have missed the point. The value and the size of the gift should have no impact...it is the thought behind the gift that matters. Sorry I just had to say that cause I have been reading blogs this morning and that hit a nerve with me.

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas and I can't wait to see your pictures....

Hugs

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP