the weather outside is...

>> Sunday, October 18, 2009

frightful?

delightful?

how about darn cold?

and to think... i have spent how many months complaining about the oppressive heat and humidity, thanks to florida's bright "orb of melt"?

listen to anyone who knows me and they will tell you that i incessantly complain about the lack of seasons in florida. i want to move back up north. i spent my first ten years in northeast ohio where there was a lot of snow. as i hear about it now the snowstorms of the 70's and 80's got nothin' on the snowstorms of today. and i did just fine then. maybe it was the one piece snow suits and moon boots?

cause right now, i know that it likely isn't that cold in the big picture of our country. let me go check the temperature...ok i'm embarrassed to tell you all this, it's um 60 degrees. ahem

but let me give you my defense...

i am a firm believer that living in the tropics thins the blood as they say. cause i have little tolerance for coldness anymore. wonder how i can thicken that blood up? because i really DO want to move to where the season's change.

and then there is the chemo effect. this has made things so much worse. it has completely ruined my internal thermostat. i am either pouring sweat or shivering with my teeth chattering. there is no middle ground to that...none.

oh and one of the effects of a certain chemo med is peripheral neuropathy that leaves your fingers numb. this only lasted a few months til after chemo passed, but i noticed that as it got chilly my fingers are now numb. thumbs too!

but still i am convinced that even though it may take some time to get used to it, a new wardrobe and lots of UGG boots that i could survive up north. in a blizzard. but don't expect to see me shoveling. no, i will riding down hills in sleds! do they still make those? and making snowmen and snowangels and etc. after all my only experience in any winter wonderland was as a kid.

i'm probably not fooling anyone am i? are there any places that the year round temperature is say 70-80? maybe that is the place for me!

you may have to remind me of this post down the road oh say about thanksgiving to new year's when our highs will be back in the melt range. but what would i really love for christmas? a white one. i would definitely be cool (chill) (frozen) with that! because the chilly weather in florida never lasts long. i will be sweating before the week is up probably.

one last thing, despite my shivery post...could you all do a little "keep it chilly in florida" dance? the girls have so many adorable sweaters to wear this season!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 18, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

I live in Ohio and hate the snow and cold weather! I would love to be somewhere where it was about 70-80 all the time.

Tracy October 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Just come visit me in Minnesota sometime this Winter. That will be a nice dose of cold and White Christmas for you.
xoxo,t

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP