The Simple Woman's Daybook for Monday June 22

>> Monday, June 22, 2009



Outside my window… our sweet cardinal couple.

I am thinking… of my younger days when i had more energy and wondering why we have less as we age yet more responsibilities?

I am thankful for… air conditioning.

From the learning rooms… kelley and bethany's highlight this week is an arts and crafts class.

From the kitchen… it's so hot i can't bear to think of cooking, but the menu plan is a simple tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.

I am wearing… a harlem basketball tee and shorts.

I am creating… only a blog entry or two for today.

I am going… to pick up the girls from their class, cook dinner and spend the evening cuddling and reading.

I am reading… Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall.

I am hoping… that my friend krissy while be able find comfort, that my friend heidi will be home this week after a long hospital stay and that my friend kara is enjoying time with her family and getting ready to start new treatments to fight NHL.

I am hearing… similar to last week-sweet daisy snores and the sounds of our tortoise making burrow tunnels in the sand.

Around the house… oh gosh, so much to do...the never ending laundry struggle, unpacking from our weekend trip, straightening up before our cleaning person comes (why do we do that? LOL) and lessening our houseful of belongings we no longer need in anticipation of a move some day soon.

One of my favorite things… cuddles with my family-the people and pets.

A few plans for the rest of the week: see above...around the house. also a goal of rescuing a stray kitty and her babies under my parents shed and hopefully finding loving homes for them all.

Here is picture thought I am sharing…(sisters having fun on a cool day)

1 comments:

Grandmother Wren June 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

Thank you for linking your Simple Woman’s Daybook at Grandmother Wren’s last week.
Please stop by this week and add your link again. I’d love to see this continue throughout the summer, allowing us to stay in touch with other Daybookers during Peggy’s vacation.
Please keep coming back –
I look forward to seeing you!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP