dare i go to sleep?

>> Thursday, February 26, 2009

i'm taking a new medication that can cause "strange, vivid or unusual dreams" and other "sleep issues". ok so i can attest that this indeed must be true. it's been less than a week on this medication, and whoa!

night #1: i see my husband lean over in bed to me real close and say in the sweetest voice..."i just finished reading twilight". and me so excited, "really?! what did you think"?! no response. so i say louder "well honey did you like it"? "honey"? i look over and he's sound asleep. once my mind starts pulling it all together, well duh! he'd NEVER read twilight.

night #2: my husband said it started with me talking in my sleep. i do believe this because i startled myself awake a couple of times. i guess i was just a gabbin' away. then he watches me laying there. my arms start reaching out and it looks to him that i am organizing the kitchen cabinets. then i finish that and my legs start going. not sure if i'm jogging or riding a bike, but i'm enjoying it...giggling the whole time.

night #3: i wake up in the middle of the night and head into the bathroom. the tiny bathroom. the one that i've used for years. and i CAN'T find the toilet. i'm trying to see in the dark and reaching out at everything trying to find the toilet. it must have taken me five minutes. seriously.

night #4: well that was last night and it was just plain full of nightmares. terrible, scary, horrible nightmares. i'd wake up from one. calm down, realize it was a dream and go back to sleep. only to have another one. the process repeated all night long. finally i couldn't take it anymore and just gave up and woke up, 3 hours earlier than normal. and if you know me, you know i don't give up my sleep very easily.

so tonight is night #5. and i'm starting to feel like one of the characters from nightmare on elm street. how they would try and try to stay awake? yep that's me.

1 comments:

stephanie h February 26, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

Oh my goodness! I hope things settle down for you soon.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP