a friend said it SO WELL!

>> Tuesday, September 23, 2008

so i'm going to be a copycat! all credit goes to alison!

here ya go...her post on "LIBERALS"

I try, I really do.....NOT to get caught up in political debates. Trust me, I have had my share. Usually, (especially on forums), I watch and listen....then keep my mouth shut. IMO, there is NO point is arguing or trying to sway someone else. Most people that know me, KNOW my political views.

I received this from a wonderful friend today. I HAD to post. It is SO true. It made me smile, ESPECIALLY because on many occasions, I feel that people with "different" views from me often view liberals as people with NO morals or values. To me, the bold says it all! I have been called a "bleeding heart liberal". It was meant to be offensive.

A liberal is someone who is concerned about the needs of others rather than just the wants of one's self.

Healthcare for the sick.
Food for the hungry.
Housing for the homeless.

You know... all that stuff Jesus was in favor of.

By the way...............
bleed·ing-heart lib·er·al (plural bleed·ing-heart lib·er·als)


noun
Definition:

soft-hearted liberal: a political liberal who is thought too sympathetic or sentimental ( informal ) ( sometimes offensive )

Ummm.........okay, I could think of worse things to be called.


PLUS.......

1 comments:

Alison September 23, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

Heather, you get ALL the credit....my WONDERFUL friend! :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP